Yes, it’s a tired cliche, but people really do make the difference: the right people help you to succeed; the wrong people make your life miserable. Hiring and developing people is a prime responsibility of good leadership. But the skills necessary to do this don’t come naturally to most people, and the things that seem like common sense tend to run afoul of the law. Training in valid, effective, fair and useful interviewing is an investment that will pay many dividends and rewards as you build your organization. Not making the investment can cost you a great deal of time, money and lost opportunity over time.
The MPG Interviewing Skills Workshop is a program, customized to your company and its unique culture, designed to help you:
- Improve the overall quality of your hires
- Understand what to look for and how to look for it
- Improve the success rate of hiring by including the culture fit assessment
- Learn and use a valid and defensible step-by-step process for interviewing that eliminates or minimizes mistakes
The program trains participants in the five steps of effective selection interviewing. It will help your hiring managers understand the job and criteria for success, create the right questions and probes, prepare the interview team, conduct the interview and make the decision.
Among the topics covered in this comprehensive program are:
- Best practices in selection interviewing
- Types of errors in selection
- The validity of various selection techniques
- The proper use of test
- Success competencies (job-specific, culture-related and foundational)
- Best practices
- How to probe for what you need to know — in the right way
- What you can and can’t talk about
- How to compare apples to oranges
This is a program that will benefit anyone involved in the selection process. It is a quick, valid, efficient and cost-effective way to improve your hiring success.